***You need to be using Firefox and have this Web Developer add-on installed***
In this example we will be linking to the Green Leaf Spa Facebook page.
First you need to find your employee’s Facebook page_id:
- Go to your employers Facebook page that you want your Work link to from your Facebook profile page.
- First look at the URL. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Leaf-Spa/117425114940521. Almost always, the numbers at the end of the link will be the page_id. Just copy the number and skip down to “Add the employee page_id to your Work link on your Facebook profile”.
- If the page has been edited to a name rather than a page_id, follow steps 4-8 to find the page_id (these steps are pretty tricky).
- When you're the employer Facebook page, hold down the Shift key and click on the refresh button on your browser.
- After the page reloads, right-click anywhere on the page, and click on view page source (screenshot). A document with the source code of the page will pop up.
- Push a “Ctrl + F” to bring up Find and then search for “fbpage_id” (without the “ ” around it). (screenshot) If the search doesn't come up with anything, search for "page_id" instead.
- You'll see something like fbpage_id=117425114940521 and then a bunch of stuff after it. Al you need is the number.
- Highlight and copy just the number and we’ll use it later.
- On your Facebook profile, on the top right click on Edit Profile
- Click on Education and Work. Delete all current jobs you don’t want, especially the one you’re trying to link to correctly.
- Type in the name of the business exactly how it appears on the employer Facebook page. At the bottom of the drop down click on Add “Green Leaf Spa” and don’t fill out the boxes.
- Next you’ll need to access the Web Developer toolbar.
- Right-Click anywhere on the page and go to "Web Developer", then "Forms" on then click on "Display Form Fields". (screenshot)
- Since you have the page_id copied, paste that number into any box that says "employer_id" before it. Do a “CTRL + F” to bring up Find and then search for “employer_id” (without the “ ” around it). There are usually 2 boxes that you need to put the page_id number into. (screenshot)
- After you have copied the page_id number into the box, Right-Click anywhere on the page and go to "Web Developer", then "Forms" on then click on "Display Form Fields" to uncheck it.
- Click on Add Job and you’re done.
- Go to your profile, and click on your Work link at the top and you should be good to go.